MMUST Open & Distance E-Learning Platform
On 25th – 26th July, 2016 at Bishop Stam Pastoral Centre, the ODeL Directorate organized and hosted a Module Training & Writing Workshop. The workshop was opened by Masinde Muliro’s own Deputy Vice Chancellor for Planning, Research and Innovation, Professor Egara Kabaji. The Director for Public Communication and Publishing, Dr. Bob Mbori was the official facilitator during the workshop.\
The following courses and their respective instructors were identified for the conversion into Self-Instructional Modules:
1. Research Methods & Skills – Prof. Stephen Odebero
2. MSCOM 805: Advanced Media Writing and Editing – Prof. Egara Kabaji
3. CDM 801: Disaster Theory – Dr. Nicodemus Nyandiko
4. HRM 801/MBA 801 : Foundations of Human Resource Management – Dr. Robert Egessa
5. CDM 804: Field Skills – Dr. Stanley Omuterema
6. SCR 204: Restorative Justice: Theory & Practice – Mr. Evans Oruta
The lecturers handling the courses, together with their respective Heads of Departments, underwent a conversion training of learning materials into online Self-Instructional Modules (SIMs).
The expected outputs of the workshop were:
1. Knowledge and skills in the conversion of learning materials into online SIMs.
2. Actual online SIMs (as listed above) converted from the usual word text format.
3. Cascading of the knowledge & skills in conversion of materials into online SIMs to other members of their departments & the University.